Apply Today
Approved Today!



American Surety Bonds Agency, LLC provides simplified and fast underwriting for Motor Vehicle Title Bonds.

What is a Motor Vehicle Title Bond?

A Motor Vehicle Title Bond is required by the State when the original title of the vehicle is lost, damaged, signed incorrectly, or the chain of ownership has been broken. The bond guarantees to the State that the Principal is the rightful owner of the vehicle.

Some states require title bonds for trucks, trailers, RVs, boats or motorcycles. Your local Tag & Title Office or Department of Motor Vehicles will decide if you need the bond.

The bond amount is set by the State as is usually based on the value of the vehicle. Most title bonds will be valid for a number of years and then expire. Once the bond has expired, it does not need to be renewed.

The following states require Title Bonds: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Vermont.

Other names for Motor Vehicle Title Bonds:

  • Lost Title Bond Title
  • Bond DMV Bond
  • Car Title Bond

What are the underwriting guidelines?

Motor Vehicle Title Bonds are underwritten on the following criteria:

  • Applicant’s Credit History
  • Value of the Vehicle
  • Circumstances Regarding the Loss or Damage of the Original Title
  • Proof of Payment

How much does the bond cost?

American Surety Bonds has several programs in place for all Motor Vehicle Title Bonds starting as low as $95. Submit your application today to see what program is available in your state.

Contact us today to find out which program you qualify for.

How do I apply for a Motor Vehicle Title Bond?

To apply for a Motor Vehicle Title Bond, simply click here to complete our application. Or, give us a call and we will be happy to get you started.

Apply today, Approved Today!

Who can I contact for more information?

Sam Newberry
MM, Senior Underwriter

Are there any other bonds I might need?